This morning’s news that SSE, which trades as Scottish Hydro, Swalec and Southern Electric, plans to put up its energy prices by as much as 9% this Autumn will have sent shivers down the spines of many – BBC article.
What can you do to save energy?
There are things you can do to help save energy and money:
- An efficient central heating boiler will burn less gas – make sure that your boiler has had a Service
- If your boiler is over 10 years old consider replacing it with a new, energy efficient boiler – New boiler
- Ensure that you’ve insulated your home – keep the heat you’re paying for inside
- If you’ve been a loyal customer with your energy supplier give them a call and check that you’re on their best tariff, if you can consider switching supplier services like uSwitch or GoCompare will help you to see what’s right for you
- If you’re in certain low income groups you may be eligible for help from the government’s WarmFront scheme – this work can include:
- loft insulation
- draught proofing
- cavity wall insulation
- hot water tank insulation
- gas, electric, liquid petroleum gas or oil heating
- glass-fronted fire – the Warm Front scheme can convert your solid-fuel open fire to a glass-fronted fire
- Finally … check out the new Renewables technology – there are many ways you can generate your own electricity and heat without paying a fortune to massive multi-national corporations.
If you’d like to arrange an appointment to get your boiler serviced, or a quote for a replacement boiler then give us a call on 0115 877 0823 or use our Get a quote form.
Plumbers and heating engineers across Nottingham and the East Midlands