Landlords’ certificates

Gas Safe registered card

Gas Safe registered card

Here at Citigas we are experienced at looking after the Gas Safe (landlords’ certificates) requirements of landlords – from housing associations to those looking after a single property – of course we also install and repair gas appliances for landlords.

We are accustomed to the intricacies of dealing with the property owner/agent and resident … including vulnerable residents in care homes and sheltered accommodation.

HSE logo

The Health & Safety Executive require a Landlords certificate

Landlord’s gas safety certificate

According to the Health & Safety Executive (website), as a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe.

Gas Safe Registered number 203298

Gas Safe Registered number 203298

You are responsible for the maintenance and repair of flues, appliances and pipework which you own and have provided for your tenants use by a Gas Safe registered engineer . Although there is no prescribed time frame for these duties, good practice would be the demonstration of regular, annual maintenance checks and subsequent repairs.

You are also responsible for ensuring an annual gas safety check is carried out within 12 months of the installation of a new appliance or flue which you provide and annually thereafter by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.

Gas central heating systems

Gas central heating systems installed

Comments are closed.